Hey everyone, I am glad to be starting a new semester at GWU. I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year. This semester my goal is to not wait to the last minute for my work. I want to have more time with my family on the weekends. I want to stay on top of my work and work smarter not harder. What I have learned so far in week one is how much science has changed in the teaching aspect. We discussed as future teachers are we preparing our students for jobs that may not be around when they graduate. This to me was an eye opener, I never thought in depth about the teaching career and how jobs may not need to be there. As a future teacher, I need to make sure my students learn what they need to know in order to be successful for any career. In today's society technology is taking over many jobs and it is teachers jobs to teach students with the knowledge of technology. We can do this by incorporating technology into our classrooms. Below are my three tweets I found this week.
My first tweet is a great resource on tools you can use in the classroom. these tools are for teaching science. It also is a great way to incorporate technology.

This tweet is a stem experiment. This experiment taught the students how to separate materials. The students learned how to do this in many different ways.

My last tweet is a great read from Edutopia. it is different videos you can watch on how educators can guide their students while teaching science. It is based on how students learn.
Happy New Year to you as well. I have also learned that I will try to stay on top of my work this semester and not wait. I also found it interesting about the jobs in the future. I never really thought about technology taking over jobs but now that it was mentioned I am amazed. I agree that it is important to teach our students about jobs that will be around in ten years and prepare them for the many changes that will occur in the future. I enjoyed your tweets. I like how tweet one gave ways to use technology in the classroom to help teach our students. I also enjoyed reading the stem activity in tweet two. My favorite was tweet three teaching teachers how to guide their students in lessons while teaching science. Great job and I look forward to a great semester with you again.
ReplyDeleteHey Elizabeth, and happy New years as well. I made my New Years resolution to stay on top of my work in all my classes by especially this one. I also want to be able to have my weekend to enjoy and relax. I think that we could all use a break. I enjoyed reading your tweets, I liked the stem activity one the best. I hope you have a great semester and good luck.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth,
ReplyDeleteI commend your goal to stay on top of your work! This goal is not only great for this class, but it is a great mindset for the teaching profession. Yes, the automation of jobs is a big change for us all - teachers have to adapt to make sure their students are prepared for the world where they will be adults.
In future blogs, be sure you are covering all the points in the checkbric.