Monday, April 1, 2019

Blog three

Blog 3 Science methods 

First I would like to say I cannot believe we are in week 11. This week I was able to teach my three lessons. I never knew how much I would love teaching science. I really enjoyed teaching the students about the matter. On day one I showed them the reaction between orange juice and baking soda. Day two each student got a ziplock bag with baking soda in it and added vinegar. Several students bags popped and they loved seeing it explode. On day three the student mixed Kho- laid with water to see a physical change in matter and made slime to see a chemical change in matter. This month we wrapped up the ecosystem project. I learned that I do not have a green thumb. This project was surprisingly fun and I hope I can use this in my future classroom. I can relate my learning experience this month to NCTCS 3 teachers know the content they teach and 4 teachers facilitate learning for the students. I have learned a great amount this semester that I will be able to apply in my future classroom. I was able to take what I know and teach it to students. Being able to take the information I know and allow the students to learn through instruction and hands-on activities was an amazing experience. 

 My first tweet is where the students built a lego ramp. I think this is a great stem activity for students. My second tweet is about students learning about a natural disaster. The students worked in groups in a different with hands-on activity learning about the different natural disasters that can happen. My last tweet is the students learned about the different phases of the moon. They used Oreos to recreate the different moon phases. I love stem activities for the students. I feel that they get more out of the lesson when they are able to apply it to a real-life situation. 


 

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe we are in week 11 also. This semester has went by so fast. I have also enjoyed clinicals so far. I really liked the activities you planned. I am sure the kids enjoyed it. I am glad we completed the ecosystem because I did not have a green thumb when it came to that and my poor fish died so fast. I look forward to finishing out a great semester. Great Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also can't believe that we are in week 11 and that we are almost finished with this semester. I have also taught my three lesson for this class and I also discovered that I actually love to teach science also. I love how hands on it is and how much the kids really love it. I also like all of your top tweets that you choose. Let's finish this semester strong! Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth,
    I hope you are able to make a lot of connections this semester! Continue to use your clinical experience wisely!

    ReplyDelete